Steven Soderbergh's Behind the Candelabra is screening at Cannes
Paris premiere of the Dark Knight Rises cancelled following Aurora shootings
The Paris premiere and interviews with the cast of The Dark Knight Rises have been simultaneously cancelled following the tragic Aurora shootings.
So far, the death toll has been reported as 12, with as many as 50 injured, after the shock shooting which took place in Denver on Thursday evening.
Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, journalists waiting at a Paris press conference were told to leave.
In an official statement released on Friday morning, Warner Bros said: "Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time."
Ss far there's been no official comment from any of the cast members or director Christopher Nolan. A 24-year-old suspect, James Holmes, is in custody.
A number of stars have expressed their feelings on Twitter, among them Piers Morgan who Tweeted: "Horrendous details from this Colorado cinema shooting. America has got to do something about its gun laws. Now is the time."
President Barack Obama said in an offical statement: "Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado. Federal and local law enforcement are still responding, and my Administration will do everything that we can to support the people of Aurora in this extraordinarily difficult time. We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people, and caring for those who have been wounded. As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family. All of us must have the people of Aurora in our thoughts and prayers as they confront the loss of family, friends, and neighbors, and we must stand together with them in the challenging hours and days to come."
- You can follow our live coverage right here