Terms and conditions - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug competition
Terms & Conditions
1. Competition closes at 12:00 GMT, Friday 20th December 2014.
2. Open to UK residents only, aged 16 or over.
3. The Promoter of this competition is MSN UK.
4. Prize for one (1) winner is: Toshiba 40” 3D Smart LED TV; 4 pairs of 3D Active Shutter Glasses; Toshiba 300Watt Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer; ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition’ on Blu-ray 3D; range of HarperCollins movie books for ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' and 12 month Sky TV package, including Sky Movies.
1 x Sky’s full TV package consisting of:
- Sky+HD box
- Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below);
- 1 x 12 month subscription to Sky’s full TV package
The Sky full TV Package prize will be subject to the following Prize Conditions (as defined below):
a) If you are a winner, you will be required to enter into three (3) subscription contracts (one Sky digital, one Sky+ and one Sky+HD subscription contract). After your 12 months' free viewing, unless you cancel or change your package, giving 31 days or more notice, standard subscription charges will apply (see www.sky.com for details). Sky+ subscription is included in your Sky TV subscription and is required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box. You will need Sky professionally installed even if you already have a minidish. Costs may apply for non-standard set-up. You must keep your Sky+HD box connected to a fixed and operational telephone line. If you need a minidish you will be responsible for obtaining all consents required (e.g. landlord's) before installation Multiroom is not included in the Prize. Existing Sky customers will receive Sky’s top TV package free for 12 months, an upgrade to a Sky+ HD box. Sky will contact you to arrange installation of the your Prize. You must redeem their Prize within one year. Failure to make an installation application within this time period could result in loss of Prize. If you have a previous uncleared debt with Sky, you will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared. There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
b) Sky will contact the winner to arrange installation of the winner’s Prize. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
c) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
d) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
5. Entry can only be made via Twitter; valid entries must include the hashtag #MSNHobbitTreasureHunt and be made from an unlocked public profile.
6. Prize winners may be required to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity for Warner and may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded by Warner or other third parties for publicity and he/she consents to the use of his/her personal data for such purposes.
7. Prize winners may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Form before the Prize is awarded. If a Prize winner is under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Form before the Prize is awarded.
8. There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize Winner.
9. Prize details are correct at the date of this Agreement. Events may occur that render the Media Promotion itself or the awarding of Prizes impossible due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of Warner. In this situation, Warner may at its discretion vary or amend Prizes so as to provide reasonable alternative Prizes and Prize winners agree that no liability shall attach to Warner or parties connected to Warner as a result.
10. The winner will be picked at random from all correct, valid entries and contacted via Twitter by the @MSNEnts account.
11. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified of their win, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. Terms and Conditions for the Treasure Hunt can be found here: